Reporting to the O&M manager, the O&M Technician is responsible for assisting in the performance of BOP, wind turbine, mechanical, hydraulic and electric component maintenance. The primary objective is to maintain safe, effective, efficient, and profitable BOP, wind turbine operation and facility. This position strictly adheres to all safety and environmental rules and regulations to protect employees and public safety. This position requires working varying hours in a team environment while performing various support functions.
- Perform preventive maintenance, predictive maintenance and repair work on power plant equipment and facility such as BOP and wind turbine packages.
- Operates, monitors and maintains SCADA, wind turbines, condition monitoring system, generators, motors, transformer and associated auxiliary equipment.
- Trouble all mechanical, hydraulic, and electrical component maintenance, repair or replacement of parts to correct malfunctions. Perform some diagnostic electrical analysis. Document all work performed using computer- based service reporting procedures.
- Identify, conduct and review safety analyses and prevention of potential electrical and mechanical hazards in the wind turbines, switch room, and the O&M building while performing any work assignment; notify supervisor and take action to correct as required.
- Effectively communicate with coworkers and subcontractors to maintain smooth workflow, develops operating and maintenance procedures for plant equipment to ensure consistent safe operation and improvement of troubleshooting and maintenance.
- Supports on open and completion of required and accurate documentation associated with corrective and preventive maintenance of BOP & wind turbines and associated equipment; maintain proper records of documentation.
- Maintains, properly, tools, spare part, and equipment assigned assignments including inventory management, tools and parts repairing and refurbishing.
- Supports Root Cause Analyses to assist in determining tools, parts, main components and equipment failure and the reasons for failures when they occur.
- Operates and assists heavy equipment operation, BOP and wind turbine, main component exchange, requisitioning parts, supplies and other duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor Degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Electronics, Mechatronics Engineering or related field,
- Qualified candidate will have a minimum 2-4 years’ experience in wind power plant operation particularly or combined cycle power plants, oil & gas and petrochemical industries (new grad is welcome.)
- Good oral and written English communication skills, technical proficiency in the use of computers, software and engineering applications, such as, Microsoft Office, AutoCad, etc.
- Candidates must be able to climb wind tower, comfortable working at heights of up to 400 feet, working in confined space, high risk operation environment and willingness to handle repetitive weight up to 50 lbs
- Ability to work in a power plant environment that includes shift rotation and on-call as per assignment
- Successful completion of GWO, Lift, MVSG, High Voltage, Crane operation, hydraulic tools training is preferred
Please send CV or Resume by email : firstname.lastname@example.org