Sourcing & Parts Specialist
The Sourcing & Parts Specialist will report to the plant manager with access to company management. He/she performs a variety of moderately complex duties to include purchasing, stocking and distribution of tools, equipment, parts and materials used to maintain and repair the power plant facility. The position includes a proclivity to organization and attention to detail with planning, negotiation, logistic and effective interpersonal skills.
- Work with internal and external contractors and suppliers to make sure that all parts, tools, equipment, and consumable items reach the right address within the designated timeframe, and that they comply with the local and federal regulations. Execute transactions according to the corporate standards of excellence and privacy.
- Stay up to date with the latest trends and market information is a must. It is necessary to acquire the current knowledge of the products, parts, and designs required or available for purchase.
- Keep track of stock levels, delivery times, transport costs and efficiency. Manage all aspects of the warehouse/inventory, perform a regular cycle count of parts and products. Make sure that the company is adhering to the safety compliance and following the standards. Organizes, monitors, and maintains the inventory to ensure smooth operations.
- Maintain and update knowledge on all parts and products and design all purchase orders to obtain the required parts from vendors, examine the returned parts for defects, and exchange the defective parts or refund money.
- Issue purchase order, manage performance of purchase orders, ensure compliance with all public law requirements as well as corporate (and business) policies and procedures including import/export regulations, ensure that appropriate documentation is provided to logistics/transportation & warehouse.
- Obtain price quotes and warranties, manage work orders, ensure the accuracy of the inventory at all times and assisting in the annual inventory audit, including reconciliation of any problems found.
- Manage and support all invoices, billings, shipments and compare same to all requisitions and evaluate quantity of merchandise received and maintain records of all parts purchased and received.
- Conduct physical cataloging, warehousing, inventorying, material control coordination and data entry assisting different supply activities, review and analyze program effectiveness, suggest, execute on time improvements and corrective actions.
- Communicate transport or logistics cost to suppliers as the case may be, monitor the entire process of product movement, track shipments across different channels, evaluate and process claims made.
- Negotiate transport or logistics rates with suppliers and contractors so as to improve the supply chain, analyze areas of logistics so as to find out the most cost-effective means or method of transporting supplies.
- Identify opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage risk through targeted negotiations, clarify to vendors, assess supplier performance, evaluate, monitor supplier quality and reliability as well as supplier ability to support required delivery schedules.
- Review and manage supplier payment as needed and utilizes process tools such as Lean Six Sigma, smart tools with suppliers to drive quality, efficiency and continuous improvement, complete other work as needed by the Plant Manager.
- Performs other related and assigned duties, as necessary.
- Engineering degree from reputable institutions/universities or associate’s degree in a relevant subject, such as mechanics. Sourcing & Parts specialists also need a wide knowledge of the specific parts and equipment they oversee. If the role involves purchasing, logistic, typically prefer candidates with sales or managerial experience.
- Good command of written and spoken English. Excellent written and oral communication skills are advantage.
- Negotiations skills collaborate with vendors to maintain stock and inventory, and strongly relationship-building skills. Experience managing multiple vendors and assignments in a fast-paced environment is beneficial.
- Critical-thinking skills with a solution-oriented mindset.
- Self-management and organizational skills which enables a warehouse, logistics, parts, tools specialist to maintain his/her composure and still work effectively under pressure, interact efficiently with contractors, vendors, staff and the mid and upper management.
- Ability to function both independently and as part of a team; must be flexible and excited to grow with the organization.
- Technical proficiency in the use of computers, software and engineering applications, such as, Microsoft Office, AutoCad, SAP, Maximo, Inventory Management tools etc.
- Able to identify irregularities in inventory movement and ability to work safely.
Please send CV or Resume by email : firstname.lastname@example.org